This fruit dessert has flavors similar to margaritas. Tequila and Triple Sec soak the watermelon slices, which also get a splash of lime juice and a coarse salt. The longer you let the watermelon soak, the more flavorful it will become.
- 1 small seedless watermelon, quartered and cut into 1-inch-thick wedges
- 3/4 – 1 cup agave
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup tequila
- 1/4 cup Triple Sec
- 2 limes, halved or cut into wedges
- Flaked sea salt or coarse salt
- Arrange watermelon in a single layer in two 9-by-13-inch baking dishes. Bring agave, water, tequila, and Triple Sec to a simmer in a small saucepan. Cook, stirring, until agave dissolves, about 30 sec – 1 minute. Let cool slightly. Pour syrup over watermelon wedges, and refrigerate for at least 45 minutes.
- Remove watermelon from syrup, and arrange on a platter. Squeeze limes over melon, and season with salt