- 2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons ghee, melted and cooled
- 1 tablespoon almond oil
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 (14- to 15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Whisk together lime zest and juice, ghee, oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4teaspoon pepper in a large bowl.
Wash quinoa in cold water in a bowl, draining each time.
Cook quinoa in a medium pot of boiling salted water (1 tablespoon salt for 2 quarts water), uncovered, until tender, about 10-12 minutes. Remove pot from heat and drain. Let stand for 5 minutes.
Add quinoa to dressing and toss until dressing is absorbed, then stir in remaining ingredients and salt and pepper to taste.